Excessively assertive messages in plugin installer
|Reported by:||Ozh||Owned by:||DD32|
|Severity:||normal||Keywords:||has-patch commit dev-feedback|
The plugin installer has excessive messages.
Example: "Warning: This plugin has not been tested with your current version of WordPress." shows when the "tested up to:" field is missing, while this may be totally deliberate to omit this field.
Assertions should be only:
- "has not been tested" if "tested up to" < $wp_version.
- "is not compatible" if "requires" > $wp_version
In other cases, messages should not be this positive.
- Don't show the warning when "tested up to" is missing
- ignore minor WP version number since they're very unlikely to change a plugin behavior
- be less assertive: "This plugin might or might not have been tested"
wp-hacker thread, for reference: http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/2009-January/023774.html