Custom Columns: actions vs. filters
|Reported by:||5ubliminal||Owned by:||anonymous|
Please read this post: Custom Columns Problems in WP .
manage_posts_custom_column is an action while manage_users_custom_column is a filter. Custom columns for Posts & Pages are actions but Users, Categories and Link Categories are filters.
Filters not only cripple coding coherency but will force users to output buffer themselves for some complex HTML to show up there.
If would be great if all custom columns are actions throughout WP.
For a quick fix using output_buffering check my post referenced above.
Change History (3)
- Component changed from Plugins to Administration
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Milestone changed from Unassigned to 2.8
- Owner set to anonymous
- Priority changed from high to normal
- Severity changed from major to minor
- Type changed from defect (bug) to enhancement