Get the readme.txt metadata
|Reported by:||Txanny||Owned by:|
Some times we need to know some more information about the plugin that provided by plugin metadata: This in the header of the plugin file and read with get_plugin_data().
Specially, the most interesting data located at the readme.txt file, is the 'Required WordPress Version'.
A function to get this information would be really needed if we want to check the Required WordPress or get the link to the donations page.
I attached here a patch with the function to be included in the wp-admin/includes/plugin.php file. I've been using this function for a while, so it is well tested.
Change History (17)
- Keywords needs-patch added; has-patch tested removed
- Milestone changed from 2.8 to Future Release
- Keywords has-patch tested commit added; needs-patch removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 2.8
comment:11 follow-up: ↓ 12 westi — 4 years ago
- Keywords needs-patch added; has-patch tested commit early removed
- Milestone changed from 2.9 to Future Release
comment:14 hakre — 3 years ago
- Keywords needs-patch close removed
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed