Quick edit of pages strips page code content
|Reported by:||apeatling||Owned by:||anonymous|
Using WordPress MU 2.7.1 (same codebase as WordPress 2.7.1 in this part)
I'm creating the BuddyPress codex documentation, which includes code snippets. I've turned off the visual editor as it doesn't handle code snippets very well.
Everything works well, and the code displays correctly when saved.
However, if I use the "Quick Edit" option for that page (I changed the slug) then save, all the code snippet content on the page is stripped completely. I'm assuming this would probably be the same for a post.
Here are the steps:
- Create a page with the visual editor turned off.
- Add some example code to that page, wrapped in the <?php ?> tags.
- Save the page, WordPress will convert the code so it uses HTML entities.
- View the page, it should display the code just fine on the page within the theme.
- Go to the edit pages screen and hit the "Quick Edit" link for the page.
- Change the slug and hit the "Update Page" button.
- View the page again, the code is now stripped.
Change History (7)
- Keywords needs-patch added; pages quick edit removed
- Milestone changed from Unassigned to Future Release
- Version set to 2.7.1