New widget interface moves the wrong inaccessible widgets when switching themes
|Reported by:||Denis-de-Bernardy||Owned by:||Denis-de-Bernardy|
|Severity:||major||Keywords:||has-patch tested commit|
In the previous implementation of widgets, one could switch themes without too much hassle. Widgets in sidebars used by the old theme would get ignored.
The new implementation seems to randomly import widgets.
I've two test sites. One was installed with my theme, with multitudes of sidebars: sidebar-1, sidebar-2, top_sidebar, bottom_sidebar, and more. Added widgets in them, then switched to Kubrik.
On the other verbatim WP test site (same DB, home and siteurl overridden by WP_HOME_URL etc), widgets seem to change every now and then whenever I try adding a new one in Kubrik's sidebar.
Change History (22)
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Severity changed from major to blocker
- Severity changed from blocker to normal
- Summary changed from New widget interface gets severely mixed up when switching themes to New widget interface moves inaccessible widgets when switching themes
- Severity changed from normal to major
- Summary changed from New widget interface moves inaccessible widgets when switching themes to New widget interface moves the wrong inaccessible widgets when switching themes
comment:8 follow-up: ↓ 9 Denis-de-Bernardy — 5 years ago
- Owner set to Denis-de-Bernardy
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Keywords has-patch tested commit added; needs-patch removed