WordPress back end is not accessible
|Reported by:||jhodgdon||Owned by:|
|Cc:||jhodgdon, dkikizas@…, TECannon, dangayle, gormer, JohnONolan, Elpie, edward@…|
The WordPress back end violates several WCAG accessibility guidelines, so it cannot be considered accessible to people with disabilities.
Not being an accessibility expert, I am not sure of all of the violations. But guideline 6.3 states "Ensure that pages are usable when scripts, applets, or other programmatic objects are turned off or not supported. If this is not possible, provide equivalent information on an alternative accessible page."
1) Upload and attach media to a post. You can upload media in the Media section, but the media upload section of the post edit screen is missing without JS, and I see no way to attach it to a post.
Change History (22)
- Component changed from General to Accessibility
- Owner anonymous deleted
- Milestone changed from Unassigned to Future Release
comment:16 JohnONolan — 3 years ago
- Cc JohnONolan added
- Severity changed from major to normal
- Version changed from 2.8 to 3.0.1
comment:17 demetris — 3 years ago
- Severity changed from normal to major
- Version changed from 3.0.1 to 2.8