Allow Plugin/Theme updates from a uploaded .zip file.
|Reported by:||hakre||Owned by:|
Plugin administration lacks of an update possibility by uploading zip files. This feature is only half-done in 2.7, you can only upload plugins as zip to install them, not to update them.
Zip file uploads should be treated the same as the other install/update possibilities like remote.
#9708 provides a testcase that can be used to test such am update by zip.
currently a over-upload in the install page does throw an error that the directory already exists:
* Dashboard * * Posts Posts o Edit o Add New o Post Tags o Categories * Media Media o Library o Add New * Links Links o Edit o Add New o Link Categories * Pages Pages o Edit o Add New * Comments 0 * * Appearance Appearance o Themes o Widgets o Editor o Add New Themes o Custom Header * Plugins 0 Plugins 0 o Installed o Add New o Editor * Users Users o Authors & Users o Add New o Your Profile * Tools Tools o Tools o Import o Export o Upgrade * Settings Settings o General o Writing o Reading o Discussion o Media o Privacy o Permalinks o Miscellaneous * Help Documentation Support Forums Help Installing Plugin from uploaded file: 9708-plugin-testcase-9708-plugin-a-v-0.2.zip Unpacking the package. Installing the plugin. Destination folder already exists. [...]worpress-trunk/wp-content/plugins/9708-plugin-testcase/ Plugin Install Failed.
Change History (22)
- Component changed from Plugins to Upgrade/Install
- Milestone changed from Unassigned to Future Release
- Priority changed from normal to low
- Summary changed from Install of plugin as zip is possible but update is not. to Allow Plugin/Theme updates from a uploaded .zip file.
- Type changed from defect (bug) to enhancement
- Cc cyberhobo@… added
- Keywords dev-feedback has-patch added; needs-patch removed