Duplicate comment check is too strict
|Reported by:||scribu||Owned by:|
The duplicate comment detection mechanism doesn't allow duplicate comments on the same post, even from the post author. That's not good.
The duplicate comment check should only block the new comment if there is no other comment posted between the new comment and the old comment.
Change History (14)
- Summary changed from Duplicate comment not allowed on same post to Improve duplicate comment detection
- Summary changed from Improve duplicate comment detection to Duplicate comment check is too strict
- Keywords needs-patch removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 3.0
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed
- Version changed from 2.7.1 to 3.0
- Milestone changed from 3.0 to Awaiting Review
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened