Duplicate autosave/revisions clutter the database
|Reported by:||Denis-de-Bernardy||Owned by:||westi|
|Cc:||AmbushCommander, scribu@…, erick@…, adamsilverstein@…, kovshenin|
We shouldn't be storing revisions and autosaves that are identical to the original post.
It generates a bug, to start with. If you open a post, and you leave it alone until the autosave fires, and then close the window, you end up with a notice -- a newer version of the post exists.
Then, it clutters the list of actual revisions with junk that cannot be removed without a plugin or by using SQL.
Change History (22)
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Milestone changed from 2.8 to Future Release
- Priority changed from normal to low
- Type changed from defect (bug) to enhancement
comment:10 westi — 5 months ago
- Keywords revisions-3.6 removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 3.6
comment:16 westi — 4 months ago
- Owner set to westi
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed