AGEMAME HQ

The official site of AGEMAME Development

This should hold for a while

Posted by James on January 26th, 2007

It appears that any requests for the index page are being directed as 404’s.

Since I’d like people with 404 problems to come back to the index page anyway, I’ve changed the code to do so.

Hopefully everything is now working properly.

Posted in AGEMAME News | Edit | No Comments »

Patches to 0.111u5 released

Posted by James on January 25th, 2007

I’ve also put the SAGEMAME source up.

Kudos to Canonman and System80 for helping me with the theory of operation for the mechanical meters on MPU4 - the first successful use of the real PCB test I mentioned a while back.

Download Pages are temporarily repaired, but the rest of the site is a bit tempramental. Since it may well be a ZTNet config issue, feel free to blame Lev, as per normal ;)

You *mau be able to access other content bu specifically including index.php in your URLs, but that may not work in all cases.

Posted in AGEMAME News | Edit | No Comments »

SAGEMAME

Posted by James on January 20th, 2007

After missing out u3 because of the Unicode issue, I’ve put the u4 source up.

Posted in AGEMAME News | Edit | No Comments »

Patches to 0.111u4 released

Posted by James on January 19th, 2007

Pyramid doesn’t work, but everything else does.

This is the first time a patch has been generated totally automatically, so please report any issues.

Posted in AGEMAME News | Edit | No Comments »

Potential bugs in the new release

Posted by James on January 19th, 2007

Before I’ve finished my patches, it has been reported that pyramid does not run in mainline MAME.

I’ve already sent the fix in for that (changing ‘p1start’ to ’start’ in pyramid.lay), but that won’t make the AGEMAME release either.

Everything else should work, but I’m going to take a little while to make sure, as some core changes have been flagged as potentially breaking AWPVid.

Posted in AGEMAME News | Edit | No Comments »

Patches to 0.111u3 released

Posted by James on January 11th, 2007

This is the last patch to come out on the old system, other than the 39 to 40 diffs, as from here on in I’m switching to Subversion.

Please report any issues you find with this release, as I’m not convinced about some of the new input stuff I’ve put into BFM games.

Posted in AGEMAME News | Edit | No Comments »

In progress

Posted by James on January 11th, 2007

Instead of waiting for the anniversary as originally intended, I’ve just finsihed deploying my new version control, which should stop the problems that occurred last time.

I’ve also started to make some software acquisitions to hopefully assist with future development - nothing particularly special, just a better disassembler and a few CPU guides.

Here’s the thing - ideally, I’d like to use these to give me a better idea of how the MPU4 hardware operates, but I don’t have anything to work from. If anybody has one of the MPU4 main PCBs and ROM boards from a game that used Yamaha sound (i.e., there is no OKI sound chip on the ROM cart), contact me, as I’m finding it impossible to get hold of a picture of one.

You may wonder why I’m being so specific - there appear to be a number of revisions of the hardware, and the one I’ve mentioned is the simplest, akin to the Connect 4 game that (kind of) works now.

Posted in AGEMAME News | Edit | No Comments »

An apology

Posted by James on January 8th, 2007

Owing to a failure of my version control system, the whole of the AGEMAME full patch for 111u2 was defective.

You may have noticed that this has happened more times than is acceptable over the life of this project, and I’m sorry - I intend to find a superior control system which should prevent such issues from occurring.

In order to salvage your source trees, either start again from 111, or use

patch -p0 -E -R instead of patch -p0 -E to reverse m111u2.diff, then

patch -p0 -E on m111u2a.diff

The second diff now being made available from the usual location, where I have removed the corrupt one.

Posted in AGEMAME News | Edit | No Comments »

Replacement documentation

Posted by James on January 6th, 2007

Owing to an operational difficulty, the AGEMAME specific comments were missing from the agenew file.

I’ve corrected the downloads, and you can find the text here

Posted in AGEMAME News | Edit | No Comments »

A followup to the previous post

Posted by James on January 5th, 2007

The issue arises if your cheat.dat file (if you have one) isn’t UTF-8 - as that appears to be the MAME standard format.

Changing this works.

Also, be advised that I’ve altered the inputs for the BFM games, in AGEMAME only - the Test Switch is now F2, for example. Once everything’s stabilised with inputs and stuff on the MAME side, I’ll port my driver over, but for now I’m keeping things simple.

Posted in AGEMAME News | Edit | No Comments »