Change update string to indicate if version is the original English one, or the local one
|Reported by:||xibe||Owned by:||ryan|
With 2.8, many people can know make real use of the automatic update tool.
Thing is, in the case of localized versions, the update message
You can upgrade to version %s automatically or download the package and install it manually:
...is displayed for the English version hours before the release of the local version, and not everyone is aware that it is the English version rather than the localized one.
While this is not an issue in the long term, it makes for a flood of messages on local support forums, with people asking why the translation is wrong or even gone. We can tell them to wait for the local version button to appear, but it'd be easier if such a message was displayed directly in the updating tool.
Change History (10)
comment:1 follow-up: ↓ 2 Denis-de-Bernardy — 5 years ago
- Milestone 2.9 deleted
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from new to closed
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Milestone set to 2.9
- Resolution invalid deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Milestone changed from 2.9 to 2.8.1
- Priority changed from normal to high
- Severity changed from normal to major
comment:7 nbachiyski — 5 years ago
- Owner changed from dd32 to ryan
- Status changed from reopened to reviewing