File Permissions on Creation (Plugin but might be Theme as well)
|Reported by:||hakre||Owned by:||dd32|
|Component:||Filesystem API||Keywords:||has-patch tested commit blocker|
While installing a plugin from the wordpress repository directly within the admin/backend, wordpress creates directories and files.
It looks like that directories are created with certain settings/modes. For example in my case this is rwx------ for directories and rw-r--r-- for files.
It assume this depends on server configuration. It would be an improvement to have a setting (server-wide possible?) that specifies automatically chmod for directories (e.g. rwxr-xr-x) and files (can stay like it is with my example).
Change History (33)
- Component changed from General to Filesystem
- Keywords close added; developer-feedback removed
- Milestone changed from Unassigned to 2.9
- Owner set to dd32
- Milestone 2.9 deleted
- Resolution set to worksforme
- Status changed from new to closed