Fatal error: Trying to clone an uncloneable object of class ReflectionClass in /var/www/htdocs/syz/html/wp-includes/class-simplepie.php on line 11739...
|Reported by:||codestyling||Owned by:|
|Milestone:||2.8.1||Priority:||highest omg bbq|
|Component:||Administration||Keywords:||malfunction of wordpress scripting|
This is no direct issue of WordPress own code but inside the shipped SimplePie classes. They use Reflections code, which is only available at PHP5.
Furthermore the addressed line tries to clone using Reflection API a class and crashes while the provider didn't configure a specific setting correctly. Reflections only works properly if
zend.ze1_compatibility_mode=Off in php.ini
as can be read here http://docs.php.net/manual/de/language.oop5.reflection.php#79578 and has been tested successfully by an user of german WordPress forum have had this issue.
I don't know, how the solution could look like, because this are more issues in one case:
- PHP 5 usage (even if WordPress claims to be compatible with PHP 4)
- wrong provider setting avoid proper function of WordPress if using PHP 5
One possible solution could be to show up during install the test result of reading this value and in case of PHP 5 and On a warning could be presented.
I'm afraid, this is not the best solution but it is one. Please find a way to handle this type of issue safely.
Change History (18)
- Component changed from Upgrade/Install to Administration
- Keywords crash removed
- Owner dd32 deleted
8 years ago
- Keywords malfunction of wordpress scripting added
- Priority changed from high to highest omg bbq
- Severity changed from critical to blocker