Secondary RSS feeds use the wrong function to acquire post titles
|Reported by:||kingjeffrey||Owned by:||ryan|
The bug occurs on line 1499 of wp-includes/general-template.php. It grabs the post title by calling esc_html( get_the_title() ).
The problem occurs when a plugin injects HTML into the title using the the_title hook, secondary feeds may break and will definitely display incorrectly when selected from the browser's feed icon in the address bar.
Either this function should strip the HTML (not escape it) or call the the_title_attribute() function that returns the title pre filter (this is probably the wrong solution).
Change History (15)
- Component changed from Template to Query
- Milestone set to 2.9
- Owner set to ryan
- Milestone 2.9 deleted
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from new to closed
7 years ago
- Resolution invalid deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
5 years ago
- Component changed from Query to Feeds
- Severity changed from normal to minor