Some trackbacks timeout due to short timeout period
|Reported by:||gnaka08||Owned by:||chriscct7|
A trackback by WordPress to an external blog can timeout without any network congestion. WordPress 2.8.1 timeouts if it has not received any response from the receiving system for 4 seconds although some blog system can take more than 10 seconds to accept a trackback. If the trackback fails, WordPress keeps trying to resend the trackback every time the user posts a new entry, but it never succeeds and WordPress keeps resending for ever. It annoys the blog owner whose blog the WordPress is trying to send the trackback to.
I propose that function trackback in wp-includes/comment.php should be modified for the timeout period to be extended from 4 seconds (e.g. to 30 seconds).
This modification is different from one appeared in ticket #8665.
Change History (9)
- Keywords has-patch 2nd-opinion added
- Milestone changed from Unassigned to 2.9
7 years ago
- Keywords needs-testing added
- Milestone changed from 2.9 to Future Release
- Severity changed from major to normal
13 months ago
- Keywords needs-refresh has-patch added; 2nd-opinion needs-testing removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 4.4
- Owner set to chriscct7
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Version changed from 2.8.1 to 2.8