Change post_name's length from 200 to 400
|Reported by:||elnur||Owned by:||ryan|
Hello, guys! Thank you very much for providing such a great piece of software! I love WordPress very much! :)
I use WordPress in Russian language and the URLs on my blog consist of Russian characters. There is a post with not such a long URL in Russian, but since it gets encoded to special characters it becomes too long to get fit into post_name field of post table.
I've found what code needs to be changed to increase the length. I make these changes every time a new version is released. I think it would be better to submit a patch here so that others people can benefit from it and I will not need to make those changes every release.
I'm attaching the patch to this ticket and asking you to apply it to the code.
Thank you very much again, guys! You do a great job! :)
Change History (23)
comment:5 in reply to: ↑ 4 Denis-de-Bernardy — 5 years ago
- Component changed from General to Permalinks
- Milestone changed from 2.8.3 to Future Release
- Owner set to ryan
- Priority changed from normal to low
- Severity changed from normal to minor
comment:10 nacin — 3 years ago
- Milestone Future Release deleted
- Resolution set to maybelater
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:11 nacin — 3 years ago
- Keywords close removed
- Milestone set to Future Release
- Resolution maybelater deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened