Support "shortlink" URL shortening
|Reported by:||samj||Owned by:|
Wordpress.com just announced support ([en.blog.wordpress.com/2009/08/14/shorten/]) for the creation of short links and the advertising of those links in both the HTTP Link: header and the HTML LINK element. This allows interested clients to auto-discover the short link, thus avoiding having to manufacture their own via a third party service (e.g. tinyurl.com, bit.ly).
There are many benefits to this approach including giving the webmaster control, giving the user a hint as to the contents (short links are currently almost always opaque), improving client performance, avoiding linkrot, etc.
For more information refer to http://purl.org/net/shortlink
Change History (67)
- Milestone 3.0 deleted
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed
7 years ago
- Milestone set to 3.0
- Resolution wontfix deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
6 years ago
- Keywords needs-patch removed
- Milestone changed from 3.0 to Future Release