Additional arguments required for page_template_dropdown
|Reported by:||husobj||Owned by:|
|Component:||Themes||Keywords:||has-patch needs-testing gsoc close|
As a plugin/theme developer, it would be really useful to be able to call the page_template_dropdown function with a parameter string similar to wp_dropdown_pages.
For example, the current '$default' argument should accept a string of arguments where:
- 'selected' is the selected template (replaces the current $default)
- 'echo' can be set to 1 to return instead of output
- 'name' will set a name/id for the menu
This would make it easier to create plugin/theme options where you could select which templates you want to use for different content.
At the moment it is possible to do this by replicating and adapting this function but I think it would make more sense to use the same multi-parameter argument as wp_dropdown_pages and wp_dropdown_categories and include it in core?
Change History (8)
- Keywords needs-patch added; reporter-feedback removed
- Milestone changed from Unassigned to 2.9
comment:4 @wojtek.szkutnik — 5 years ago
- Cc wojtek.szkutnik@… added
- Keywords has-patch needs-testing gsoc added; needs-patch removed
comment:5 follow-up: ↓ 7 @jeremyfelt — 14 months ago
- Component changed from Administration to Themes
- Keywords close added