Forward Slashes convert to hyphens in post slugs
|Reported by:||alxndr||Owned by:|
In slugs for taxonomies or post permalinks, slashes (/\) and ampersands (&) are stripped out. More useful URLs would be created by turning slashes into hyphens, and ampersands into the word "and".
"songs by Lennon/McCartney"
expected slug: "songs-by-lennon-mccartney"
actual slug: "songs-by-lennonmccartney"
"Us & Them"
expected slug: "us-and-them"
actual slug: "us-them"
Change History (28)
comment:5 @SergeyBiryukov — 4 years ago
- Component changed from General to Formatting
- Keywords has-patch added
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 3.3
comment:12 in reply to: ↑ 7 @F J Kaiser — 20 months ago
comment:13 @GhostToast — 20 months ago
- Keywords needs-testing added; needs-refresh removed
- Version set to 3.8
comment:14 @GhostToast — 20 months ago
- Summary changed from ampersands and slashes stripped out of slugs to Forward Slashes convert to hyphens in post slugs
comment:17 @jtsternberg — 15 months ago
- Keywords dev-feedback 2nd-opinion added; needs-unit-tests removed
comment:19 follow-up: ↓ 20 @miqrogroove — 9 months ago
- Keywords needs-unit-tests added; dev-feedback 2nd-opinion removed
- Severity changed from trivial to minor
comment:23 in reply to: ↑ 22 @corvidism — 7 months ago
- Keywords dev-feedback added; needs-unit-tests removed