Clean up constructors and destructors
|Reported by:||hakre||Owned by:|
I assume this once was a try to have a descructor implementation for PHP 4 as well. But the way the destructor was registered in the constructor is broken. Even PHP 5 registeres a shutdown function (the destructor) while the real implementation is already in there.
Therefore register shutdown function is only needed in PHP 4. The provided patch reflects that (partially).
Then it is plain wrong to have a PHP 5 destructor return a value. It returns void by definition. This is properly reflected in the patch now. BTW, having a return value on a shutdown function is pretty useless.
Change History (33)
- Summary changed from wpdb constructor and desctructor concept is broken to wpdb / WP_Object_Cache constructor and desctructor concept is broken
- Milestone changed from Unassigned to 2.9
- Summary changed from wpdb / WP_Object_Cache constructor and desctructor concept is broken to Clean up constructors and destructors
comment:20 @nacin — 5 years ago
- Milestone 3.0 deleted
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed