Incorrect encoding for non-ascii symbols in emails
|Reported by:||bobrik||Owned by:|
WordPress uses iso-8859-1 as email codepage. It's better to use UTF-8 instead. No changes for ascii users but so many profit for other world :)
There's no any good way to hack around incorrect encoding now, so very annoying problem. Must be fixed in the next release.
Patch included. You may use it or make PHPMailer $CharSet var static to make it possible to change it by plugin or any other way.
Change History (12)
- Summary changed from Incorrect incoding for non-ascii symbols in emails to Incorrect encoding for non-ascii symbols in emails
- Component changed from Charset to Mail
- Keywords needs-patch reporter-feedback added; has-patch codepage phpmailer mail removed
- Owner hakre deleted
- Version changed from 2.9 to 2.8.4
6 years ago
- Keywords needs-patch reporter-feedback removed
- Resolution set to worksforme
- Severity changed from major to normal
- Status changed from new to closed