Duplicate tag created if tag name contains ampersand
|Reported by:||sillybean||Owned by:||filosofo|
This is undoubtedly an edge case, but here's what happened:
- I created a tag with a long name that contained an ampersand. Gave it a shorter slug than the one WP generated.
- Tagged some posts.
- While the server was running slow, the autocomplete never came up, and I tagged another post by cutting and pasting the tag name from another screen.
That resulted in a new tag being created with a longer WP-generated slug, instead of the post getting tagged with my older existing tag.
This happened a few times (the server in question is REALLY slow), and I finally realized that the only tags that were incorrectly duplicated were the ones with ampersands.
Change History (5)
- Keywords needs-patch added; tags autocomplete ajax removed
- Milestone changed from Unassigned to 3.1
comment:4 @aaronholbrook — 20 months ago
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from new to closed