Month name declension case
|Reported by:||waclawjacek||Owned by:||SergeyBiryukov|
As I've reported previously, in order to fully translate WordPress into Polish (and probably many more languages), dates have to be declended. This was fixed in #9396, however proper translation into Polish still cannot be accomplished.
You see, the "January 2009" is something else for
"View posts published in January 2009"
In the former case, it's a locative. In the latter, it's simply a genitive. What needs to be done in order to fix this is passing some kind of information to the date_i18n filter, informing it of the case.
I suggest passing the declension case information (whether it's genitive, locative or something else). That should do it. :)
Change History (24)
- Keywords early added
- Milestone changed from Unassigned to 3.0
- Type changed from defect (bug) to enhancement
- Version set to 2.9
comment:11 @SergeyBiryukov — 3 years ago
- Keywords early removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 3.4
comment:21 @DrewAPicture — 5 months ago
- Keywords has-patch needs-refresh added
- Owner changed from nbachiyski to SergeyBiryukov
- Status changed from new to reviewing