wpautop no longer a standalone function
|Reported by:||matt||Owned by:||matt|
Something that generally annoys me is inter-file dependencies of wp-includes. I would like for each of the files to be self-contained so you can include one and get everything you need from it.
A good recent example of us breaking this is with formatting, and wpautop in particular. You can no longer include formatting.php and call that function without including all of WP because it relies on a function called get_shortcode_regex().
Here's a one-liner that makes wpautop independently useful again with a simple function_exists.
Change History (8)
- Milestone changed from 2.9 to 3.0
- Type changed from defect (bug) to enhancement
- Milestone 3.0 deleted
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed
- Milestone set to 2.9
- Resolution wontfix deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened