Improve the how to upgrade your database page on wordpress.org
|Reported by:||Denis-de-Bernardy||Owned by:||dd32|
Or then, we need to seriously improve the codex page.
FWIW, I just got a customer on the phone, and, to the question "why haven't you upgraded for so long?" (she was on WP 2.7) the answer went something like:
I've clicked this link that tells me to backup. And I don't understand the slightest thing.
My guess is that up to a third of my customer-base is scared to death at the idea of upgrading because of that link to the codex page. And I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same for WP as a whole.
I've itched to mark this as blocker... since the security implications for WP are substantial.
Change History (10)
- Component changed from Security to WordPress.org
- Milestone changed from Future Release to Unassigned
- Summary changed from remove the suggestion to backup the database... to Improve the how to upgrade your database page on wordpress.org
- Component changed from WordPress.org to Upgrade/Install
- Milestone changed from Unassigned to 3.0
- Owner changed from ryan to dd32