REQUEST_URI may be encoded but PATH_INFO, get_option('home') are not
|Reported by:||lev||Owned by:||ryan|
Say someone is using unix style home directories in the blog url, like http://www.example.com/~frank is the blog home page.
1.) Telnet into example.com port 80.
2.) Type in the http request "GET /~frank/ HTTP/1.0", hit enter twice after typing that in.
3.) The resulting web page that comes out on the screen has the navigation link to get to the next page look like "http://example.com/~frank/page/2/". This is fine.
4.) However, telnet back into example.com port 80.
5.) Type in this http request, "GET /%7Efrank/ HTTP/1.0", then hit enter twice.
6.) The resulting web page has a navigation link to get to the next page that looks like "http://example.com/~frank/%7Efrank/page/2/". This is a problem.
Change History (8)
- Owner changed from anonymous to ryan
- Summary changed from Web page links generated by posts_nav_link depends upon encoding of tilde in http request. to REQUEST_URI may be encoded but PATH_INFO, get_option('home') are not
- Keywords needs-testing added
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from new to closed