Additional Admin UI hooks / filters
|Reported by:||johnl1479||Owned by:|
Some might classify this as overkill, others as making Wordpress as completely extendable as people want it.
I'd like to propose the addition of numerou hooks to the Wordpress core Admin UI which would allow the addition of UI elements outside of the current constraints, such as meta boxes.
If that doesn't make sense, I have an example to illustrate:
Given the "Subtitle" example from http://digwp.com/2009/10/ideas-for-plugins/, there would be a new hook named "edit_post_form_after_title" (or something along those lines) which would be placed directly after the post title is displayed on the screen and allow a plugin developer to insert a text field for a subtitle directly below the title field. See the attached patch.
Change History (28)
- Component changed from General to Administration
- Milestone changed from 2.9 to Future Release
- Keywords has-patch added
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 3.0
- Version set to 2.9
- Cc johnl1479 added
- Summary changed from Additional hooks to Additional Admin UI hooks / filters
comment:21 ocean90 — 5 weeks ago
- Component changed from Administration to Plugins
- Focuses administration added