Tags with spaces and utf-8 chars do not work on the default theme
|Reported by:||hakre||Owned by:||hakre|
In #11669 I did a test with the tag test -נ- end which did work. While today surfing the frontend (theme) which is the default one on my testbed, It came to my attention that when clicking the tag's link below the post, I get directed to a false location:
As you can see, the spaces are removed. They either should not be removed (which I doubt will get fixed) or the slugs creation of the tags should take that behaviour into account and strip spaces as well.
I assume that this is clean_url() related.
It might be the case that the tags lookup does not work with UTF-8 as well. This should be checked before the space problem. Maybe the one is a symptom of the other.
Change History (8)
- Component changed from General to WordPress.org
- Milestone changed from 3.0 to WordPress.org site
- Owner set to ryan
- Component changed from WordPress.org to Charset
- Milestone changed from WordPress.org site to Future Release
- Owner changed from ryan to hakre
comment:7 SergeyBiryukov — 3 years ago
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from new to closed