WPDB code improvements
|Reported by:||hakre||Owned by:||ryan|
While taking care about various places over the past weeks I somehow returned back more and more often to WPDB starting to beautify and refactor the code in there.
I create this ticket now to collect changes on wpdb to improve the code.
- #6836 - Prepare queries using INSERT/UPDATE should use wpdb::insert() or wpdb::update()
- #7171 - wpdb::insert() & wpdb::update() need to allow typecasting of params.
- #11318 - $wpdb->prepare() Chokes on single literal percentage chars?
- #11372 - wpdb::query returns FALSE on TRUNCATE
- #11605 - wpdb::_weak_escape() is an alias to addslashes only
- #11608 - wpdb->prepare() is broken
- #11649 - Upgrades Fail Because of 
The two most important things while I rewrite some parts of WPDB is code duplication and massive memory leaks in that class.