Contributors can restore posts trashed by editors
|Reported by:||scribu||Owned by:|
editor - has the publish_posts capability
contributor - doesn't have the publish_posts capability
If an editor moves a post to trash, the post author is able to republish the post, even if he's a contributor.
Steps to reproduce:
- contributor: submit a post for review
- editor: publish post
- editor: trash post
- contributor: restore post
So, to prevent a contributor from republishing trashed posts, an editor has the following workarounds:
- permanently delete the post
- set the post status to 'pending' before trashing it
Neither of these is optimal.
 doesn't seem to address this properly.
Change History (7)
- Summary changed from Contributors can restore trashed posts to Contributors can restore posts trashed by editors