Press This multiple blog support
|Reported by:||wpmuguru||Owned by:|
MU Trac Ticket: http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/1092
A WordPress MU user may wish to pass external content into the MU authoring interface. Authoring interfaces such as Press This currently do not support the selection of a target blog for which the currently logged in user has edit_posts capability.
Internet Explorer 8, Google Reader, and bookmarklet functions currently help pass new post information into an authoring tool such as Press This, but requires a pre-determined URL template to pass along new actions.
Currently a user can add a bookmarklet or IE Accelerator on a per-blog basis. It would be a much better user experience if he or she could target a predictable URL endpoint on the MU install.
New URL ¶
Point to the MU install's main admin handlers and let it handle user state.
Possible handling ¶
- Redirect user to Press This interface of their primary blog with query params intact.
- Add a new stuffbox to the post interface sidebar with a <select> drop-down if currently logged on user has edit_posts capability on more than 1 blog. Default blog selected.
- Select box value is passed in at post. No URL redirects on new option selection.
Possible downsides ¶
Writing a new post from somewhere outside direct blog context could have consequences.
- Plugins attached to target blog not loaded.
Next Steps ¶
Once there is agreement on the best approach I can submit the appropriate patch.
Change History (3)
2 years ago
- Component changed from Multisite to Press This
- Keywords dev-feedback added; needs-feedback removed