Better Options for New Registrations — at Version 4
|Reported by:||wpmuguru||Owned by:|
|Component:||Login and Registration||Keywords:||needs-patch|
Description (last modified by scribu)
MU Trac Ticket: http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/872
At the moment when new users register, there are very few options and not many plugins available.. It would be nice if the administrator could :
1) Allow passwords to be set during registration, rather than having it sent by email.
2) Make Email Verification optional.
3) See the users who haven't confirmed their registrations, and resend the confirmation emails from the admin area..
4) User Moderation : Make it easier to kick out users and delete spammers..
5) Invitation Codes (Optional): Allow the admin to create invite codes, which he can distribute, so that the mu install is well knit social community.
I know this is pretty much doable, but there lacks any good solution at the moment.