Locked out of Network creation if process aborted half way
|Reported by:||dd32||Owned by:||nacin|
At present, The Network creation script expects that the process will be followed to the dot for the entire process.
If for example, The user navigates away on the .htaccess/wp-config.php page (without making the suggested changed), If they attempt to visit the page again they'll be given a "That network already exists!" error, even though WordPress will not be running in MultiSite mode yet.
Setting as blocker as i cannot see this being a good work flow for users.
The expected outcome would be either:
- WordPress erases the setup details given
- WordPress offers to start over
- (my preference) WordPress offers the .htaccess / wp-config.php details again (ie. Leaving off from where the user was last up to)
Change History (18)
- Owner set to wpmuguru
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:15 nacin — 4 years ago
- Milestone 3.0 deleted
- Priority changed from high to normal
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Severity changed from blocker to normal
- Status changed from assigned to closed