getmyuid() is disabled - workaround
|Reported by:||edward mindreantre||Owned by:||dd32|
Description (last modified by nacin)
On some web hosts the getmyuid() function, used in file.php to discern whether direct access to the file system is allowed or not, is disabled. "For security reasons", whatever that might mean. How much damage can you cause with getmyuid?
This prevents people who, even though they've installed wordpress correctly via FTP and set the correct file permissions, from installing themes, plugins and upgrades.
Sad but true.
Here's a workaround.
Change History (10)
- Cc edward mindreantre added
- Milestone changed from Unassigned to 3.0
- Version set to 2.9.2
- Keywords has-patch needs-testing added; file.php direct access getmyuid removed
- Status changed from new to accepted
7 years ago
- Cc imme-emosol added
- Keywords needs-testing removed
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from accepted to closed