Should the code editor show leading <?php and trailing ?> tags?
|Reported by:||Ribbontree||Owned by:||janeforshort|
Description (last modified by Denis-de-Bernardy)
Re-opened to discuss the UI issue in the code editor. Was:
When WP lacks permission to generate wp-config.php during install, the textarea does not display the closing tag (?>) for a PHP file, despite the opening tag (<?php) appearing at the top.
I do not know what will happen if one does not manually add the closing tag. I suspect a PHP error will occur, but I did not test that.
This was tested with the nightly build, downloaded 14 hours ago.
Change History (6)
comment:1 in reply to: ↑ description filosofo — 4 years ago
- Milestone Unassigned deleted
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from new to closed
- Description modified (diff)
- Milestone set to Future Release
- Resolution invalid deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Summary changed from wp-config lacks closing php tag ?> to The code editor should not show leading <?php and trailing ?> tags
- Type changed from defect (bug) to enhancement
- Component changed from General to UI
- Owner set to janeforshort
- Status changed from reopened to assigned
- Summary changed from The code editor should not show leading <?php and trailing ?> tags to Should the code editor show leading <?php and trailing ?> tags?