Destructive Autosaves Happening on All Drafts
|Reported by:||miqrogroove||Owned by:||azaozz|
I'm investigating reports of post drafts magically reverting or not being saved at all. This appears to be happening at random, and so far I cannot find the cause. In the meantime, I have discovered a related problem: WordPress 2.9.2 is continuously overwriting drafts during editing.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a New Post
- Click Save Draft (or wait for autosave)
- Edit the content and wait 60 seconds.
- Repeat step 3 as many times as you like. Go to other pages. Come back. Do anything other than click Save Draft, and WordPress will repeatedly overwrite the saved information without creating any revisions or autosave records.
This is especially destructive if in step 2 the draft was autosaved by WordPress. In that case, there are no revisions at all. If you clear the content at that point, WordPress essentially deletes your draft without confirmation.
Change History (10)
- Milestone 2.9.3 deleted
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from new to closed
- Version 2.9.2 deleted
7 years ago
- Milestone set to 2.9.3
- Resolution invalid deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Component changed from Autosave to Revisions
- Milestone changed from 2.9.3 to Future Release
- Priority changed from highest omg bbq to normal
- Severity changed from blocker to minor
- Type changed from defect (bug) to enhancement
- Milestone Future Release deleted
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from reopened to closed