Better structure for admin menu
|Reported by:||scribu||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by scribu)
Currently, the global $menu variable is one big linear array:
$menu = array(  => array('Dashboard', ...  => array('', 'read', 'separator1', ...),  => array('Posts', ...) ... )
To allow plugins to add a menu item at the end of a group, we use a bunch of additional global variables that remember the last element in each group.
Also, we use arbitrary numeric indexes to specify the order of the items, instead of being able to position items relative to one another.
It's all very low level. Things would be a lot easier if we had an actual API for manipulating the menu items.
Change History (107)
- Milestone 3.1 deleted
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from assigned to closed
- Milestone set to Awaiting Review
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Cc duck_ added
- Keywords has-patch dev-feedback added
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.5
- Description modified (diff)
- Summary changed from Better structure for admin $menu to Better structure for admin menu