Duplicate slug not possible for separate items
|Reported by:||solostream||Owned by:||dd32|
I have recently come across a bug in WordPress 3.0-beta1 that has happened on two customers' sites. Apparently it is not possible to have the same term for an item be used twice, unlike previous versions. For instance, if you wanted to have a category slug named 'featured' and a tag named 'featured' it is not possible to do so. The first item that was created is assigned the slug 'featured' while the second one is assigned the slug 'featured-2'. This doesn't play nicely with our themes as the tag 'featured' needs to be used for a featured slider.
Steps to consistently reproduce the problem:
- Add a category called 'featured'. Leave all other fields blank.
- Add a tag called 'featured'. Again, leave all other fields blank.
- Look at tag slug -- it will be 'featured-2' instead of 'featured'
- Repeat steps 1-3 for another category/tag name to see same results
The above bug is not related to any plugins or theme being used. It is a part of WP Admin and needs to be corrected.
How to fix:
- Like previous versions of WordPress, allow the ability to have two separate items to share the same slug (e.g., category and tag)
Change History (26)
- Milestone 3.0 deleted
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from new to closed
- Milestone set to 3.0
- Resolution duplicate deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Component changed from Administration to Permalinks
- Keywords dev-feedback added; category tag duplicate item term removed