role needed to Moderate comments
|Reported by:||pbearne||Owned by:||ryan|
I have been trying to grant the ability to "Moderate comments" to Contributors group.
I have been using the Capability Manager 1.3.2 Plug-in as well Role Scoper to look at this.
There is a roll in both of them called "Moderate comments" but setting this doesn't have any effect on the ability to manage comments. I have found that (by trail and error) you need to set both "Edit others posts" and "Edit published posts" to allow this.
This is way to many rights to have to grant in order to allow a group to "Moderate comments".
I belive that is wrong and that all that should be set to allow comment moderation is for the "Moderate comments" to be set.
I may of couse be missing something here (hope so) but this does need to checked / fixed
Change History (8)
- Component changed from Security to Users
- Milestone changed from 3.0 to Future Release
- Summary changed from roll needed to Moderate comments to role needed to Moderate comments
- Component changed from Users to Comments
- Keywords capabilities removed
- Priority changed from high to normal
- Severity changed from major to normal