Image Gallery of Private Post is publicly displayed
|Reported by:||hakre||Owned by:|
Might have been forgotten only, I just ran over this inconsistency while beta-testing:
The Image Gallery of a Private Post is displayed (in another post via the Shorttag with id parameter) whereas, when clicking on the images to go to the attachment page, you get a 404 not found.
Steps to reproduce
Create a new Post, set a title and the Status to private.
Save as Draft.
Preview it, to get the ID easily from URL.
Upload a Bunch of Images.
Insert the Gallery Shorttag inside that Post Body.
Publish the Post.
Create a second new Post
Give it a Title and Insert the Gallery Shortcode with the ID from the last Post.
Copy the URL.
Open another Browser so to have a new User-Session.
Visit that URL.
You should not see a gallery.
You see a gallery.
When clicking on a gallery link you get a 404 page.
I see an inconsitency here but have no Idea how to deal with it.
So either the gallery should not be found as well (not found as in 404 but in this case: not output) or the attachment pages should be able to call as well.
Change History (6)
- Component changed from General to Media
- Milestone changed from Unassigned to Future Release
comment:2 wonderboymusic — 2 months ago
- Milestone Future Release deleted
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:3 SergeyBiryukov — 2 months ago
- Component changed from Media to Gallery
- Milestone set to Awaiting Review
- Resolution invalid deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
comment:4 SergeyBiryukov — 2 months ago
- Keywords has-patch added
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.9