Lots of things broken when multisite site is named "blog" — should not allow such blogs
|Reported by:||mitchoyoshitaka||Owned by:|
I just tried to create my first Multisite install (subdirectory style) and, as a first test, tried to create a site called "blog".
Some of you who read this probably are already laughing. :(
So here's what happens: it says the site was created, but...
- going to /blog gives me a 404.
- clicking on "backend" doesn't change the site I'm looking at.
- logging into /wp-admin with the new site's admin credentials redirects me to /blog/wp-admin/?c=5 and says "You don’t have permission to view this site. Please contact the system administrator." There is then no clear way to "log out" and get rid of the credentials.
IDEA: If the /blog URL issue is not going to be resolved for 3.0, I suggest that sites with the address /blog be disallowed. An error should be returned saying "that site address is not allowed."
Change History (11)
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from new to closed