Wordpress MU canonical link redirect failure
|Reported by:||rundi||Owned by:||markjaquith|
This problem manifests itself in Wordpress MU 2.9.2, but not in Wordpress 2.9.2.
In the MU install where blogs are subdirectories, canonical redirects work correctly for the subdirectory blogs, but not for pages on the root blog.
For example, http://silverwarethief.com/essays/ is a sub-blog in the wordpress MU install. If you alter that link to http://www.silverwarethief.com/essays/ wordpress MU will correctly redirect the browser to the canonical url.
However, this does not work with pages on the root blog. http://silverwarethief.com/about/ is a page on the root blog. If you go to that link, you will correctly find yourself at the "About" page. If you then alter the link to http://www.silverwarethief.com/about/ you will be redirected to the main page of the root blog, not the "About" page.
I have seen this behavior manifested on more than one MU install.
Change History (15)
- Component changed from Canonical to Multisite
- Milestone changed from MU 2.9.x to 3.1
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Triage to Future Release
3 years ago
- Component changed from Multisite to Bootstrap/Load
- Focuses multisite added
18 months ago
- Milestone Future Release deleted
- Resolution set to worksforme
- Status changed from new to closed