XLM-RPC API should return commentmeta values
|Reported by:||djr||Owned by:||josephscott|
This ticket is a follow up on my Twitter and subsequently email conversation with Joseph Scott (josephscott) about the new commentmeta table in WordPress 2.9 and the XML-RPC API. We use the plugin Feature Comments (http://wpprogrammer.com/feature-comments-wordpress-plugin/) for hiding or featuring certain comments. The plugin stores either a value of 'Buried' or 'Featured' in the commentmeta table and uses these values to append a css class to comment_class.
I'd love to retrieve these commentmeta values (buried/features) through the XML-RPC API (which we use) with wp.GetComment or wp.GetComments, so we're able to programmatically hide or feature these comments in our own iPhone app.
Please note this is a specific example, but my request should I no way be seen as a private request. I think the commentmeta in 2.9 was a great addition for stuff like Twitter usernames, mood, gender, and so forth. I hope we're able to retrieve these values programmaticaly through the API as well.
Change History (13)
- Keywords needs-patch added; xml-rpc commentmeta api removed
- Milestone changed from Unassigned to Future Release
- Version changed from 2.9.2 to 2.9
comment:4 nprasath002 — 3 years ago
- Cc n.prasath.002@… added
- Keywords has-patch added; needs-patch removed
- Keywords has-patch needs-testing added; needs-patch removed
- Version changed from 2.9 to 3.1
comment:11 nprasath002 — 3 years ago
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened