Back compat for pages and categories for the load-$pagenow hook
|Reported by:||simonwheatley||Owned by:|
In WordPress 3.0 the URLs to create a post and edit a post are now all post-new.php and post.php, with the post type being passed in a GET parameter like so: post-new.php?post_type=page…meaning load-page-new.php and load-page.php action hooks have both vanished!
The attached patch:
- Adds in some backwards compatibility for the old load-page-new.php, load-page.php, and load-edit-categories.php hooks.
- Adds some new and useful dynamically constructed hooks based on the $typenow and $taxnow variables.
Change History (15)
in reply to:
5 years ago
- Component changed from General to Administration
- Keywords dev-feedback needs-testing removed
- Summary changed from Specific action hooks for different content types on load of the edit screen to Back compat for pages and categories for the load-$pagenow hook
- Type changed from enhancement to defect (bug)