Extend comment search to support user_id as argument
|Reported by:||neoxx||Owned by:||scribu|
Description (last modified by scribu)
what do you think about the idea of extending _wp_get_comment_list in wp-admin/includes/template.php in a way that we can also query for user-ids?
I know, that the user_id will only be stored for comments of logged-in users, though I would need this search functionality not only, but also for my count-comments plugin. Currently, I implemented a link from users.php to edit-comments.php using
?s=user_display_name which obviously results in missed comments as well as false positives.
Just to give the idea a start, I've attached a patch prototype that extends handling of $_REQUEST['s']. - Or would we prefer a separate argument?
Change History (12)
- Description modified (diff)
- Keywords gsoc added; comments comment user removed
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
- Owner set to scribu
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 3.1
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Type changed from feature request to enhancement