update_meta_cache fails; query too large?
|Reported by:||newpixel||Owned by:|
|Component:||Cache API||Keywords:||has-patch 2nd-opinion needs-codex|
Description (last modified by nacin)
In the file meta.php, around line 183 in the 'update_meta_cache()' function, it tries to do a query but I noticed this can fail (ie. crash wordpress) if there are too many post id's in the query.
The function is being called from query_posts(), with 'posts_per_page' set to -1.
An example query that crashed it:
SELECT post_id, meta_key, meta_value FROM wp_postmeta WHERE post_id IN (1009,1006,989,933,902,860,859,858,857,793,838,837,836,827,825,310,780,777,776,775,774,773,770,763,760,759,758,757,728,756,755,754,753,752,751,750,748,746, 732,736,729,726,725,724,723,722,720,719,717,716,715,710,709,503,692,289,625,268,593,583,582,332,32,30,28,26,24,22)
Maybe there is some limit associated with queries of this type internal to wordpress, as this query works fine in phpMySql.
Apologies if this is already reported or irrelevant in 3.0!
Change History (18)
- Description modified (diff)
- Keywords reporter-feedback added; update meta cache query posts removed
- Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
- Resolution set to worksforme
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:3 @mpvanwinkle77 — 3 years ago
- Cc mpvanwinkle77 added
- Component changed from General to Cache
- Keywords dev-feedback added
- Resolution worksforme deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
comment:7 @wonderboymusic — 2 years ago
- Keywords has-patch added; reporter-feedback dev-feedback removed
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.7