Better page ordering UI
|Reported by:||ramiy||Owned by:|
|Component:||Posts, Post Types||Keywords:||has-patch good-first-bug|
Description (last modified by scribu)
Unkile posts, in pages we can order and re-order the pages (using "menu_order" field in "wp_posts" table).
But since the new "Custom Menu" feature was introduced, do we realy need the page ordering?
We can create new menus, add as many pages as we like and re-order them as we like (this is the purpose of menues).
If we can do this using menus, then we can delete the ordering feature from the page editing screen.
Change History (20)
- Component changed from Database to Administration
- Description modified (diff)
- Summary changed from Database: Since the new "Custom Menu" feauter do we need the page order? to Remove page order UI
- Keywords 2nd-opinion added; dev-feedback removed
- Milestone changed from 3.5 to Future Release
in reply to:
5 years ago
- Keywords good-first-bug added; 2nd-opinion removed
- Summary changed from Remove page order UI to Better page ordering UI
- Component changed from Administration to Posts, Post Types
- Focuses administration added