BUG: Changing permalinks to a custom structure returns 404 on custom post types
|Reported by:||der||Owned by:|
|Component:||Permalinks||Keywords:||has-patch commit 3.6-early|
To replicate the bug, do this:
- Create a custom post type
- Enable permalinks with the following custom structure: /%category%/%postname%
- Save the settings
- Access your post's permalink: It will return a 404 page
- Go to permalink settings again (don't change anything) and Save the settings again.
- Access your post's permalink: It will go to the post.
If you save the first time, it's not registering the changes, unless you save the settings for the second time without making any changes.
Change History (15)
- Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
- Resolution set to worksforme
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution worksforme deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
comment:9 wonderboymusic — 22 months ago
- Keywords needs-patch added; reporter-feedback removed
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.5
comment:12 nacin — 20 months ago
- Keywords has-patch commit 3.6-early added; needs-patch removed
- Milestone changed from 3.5 to Future Release
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.