Rotate Full Size Images on Upload
|Reported by:||mrroundhill||Owned by:||mikeschroder|
It may be worth a revisit to #7042. Some mobile devices that use WordPress for Android are not capturing images in the correct orientation, instead they are writing the EXIF orientation to the image instead (which is a standard method these days). In wp-android and other external clients that offer full size image upload, these images will not be rotated correctly upon upload.
Since most mobile users are on the go with no access to the wp-admin area to rotate the images themselves, it would work best if the image was rotated for them automatically.
Hopefully there's a solution that wouldn't strip the EXIF data, some way to copy the EXIF data before rotating, then save it back again?
Change History (69)
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
- Keywords mobile 3.4-early removed
- Owner set to azaozz
- Status changed from new to reviewing
8 months ago
- Keywords has-patch added; needs-patch removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 4.7
6 months ago
- Component changed from Upload to Media
- Milestone changed from 4.7 to Future Release
- Owner changed from azaozz to mikeschroder