Taxonomy hierarchy cache isn't properly refreshed
|Reported by:||thealien||Owned by:||wonderboymusic|
I've developed a plugin that can create parent and children categories at the same time. It works well at 2.8.6 but it doesn't work as what I expect at 3.0.
When I create new parent and children categories at the same time, it only shows parent category in the Categories dashboard, but the children category is actually created. If I create another category or delete one category, the children category shows up. I think it should be a problem of wordpress cache, but I have no idea where to start tracing.
I use wp_create_category at wp-admin/includes/taxonomy.php to create categories. Besides, I have tried clean_term_cache but it didn't help. And I didn't activate other plugins when I tested this plugin.
It happened exactly when creating NEW parent and children categories.
Change History (113)
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.0.2
- Priority changed from normal to high
- Cc garyc40@… added
- Keywords has-patch needs-testing added; category cache removed
- Summary changed from Didn't show up children category when created parent and children categories at the same time. to Taxonomy hierarchy cache isn't properly refreshed
- Severity changed from normal to major
- Version changed from 3.0 to 3.2.1
- Cc cpkwebsolutions added
- Keywords needs-patch added; has-patch removed
- Severity changed from major to normal
- Keywords has-patch commit added; needs-testing needs-patch needs-refresh removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 3.9
- Owner set to wonderboymusic
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed
- Keywords has-patch needs-docs removed
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened